Sunday, July 11, 2010

Looking Back... Our First Lapbook

Over the years, I have included tons of lapbooks and other activities into our homeschool. My kids always find them to be so exciting, and I think they will continue to enjoy them in the upcoming years. I am using my "Looking Back" posts to share on this blog some of these older activities that we completed.

In March of 2008, my kids created their first lapbook. This was new to me so I decided to start with a basic one. I gathered up some resources online and added them to some I already had. We had been studying all of the states, one at a time, so I decided our first Lapbook would be about the United States in general. We included a labeled U.S. map, a population map, a size map, national motto, along with national bird, flower, presidents, White House, national seal, U.S. holidays, and some native animals. Also a few mini books with the pledge of allegiance, and one about the history of United States coins. There were some other things that I can't remember right now. Also, some of the other children added some different things to theirs. Everyone made one of these. (even my 4 year old, but she made hers very basic... map, flag, animals, Statue of Liberty, and Pledge of Allegiance :) One of my girls worked the hardest at this and I have to say it came out pretty good, especially for a first. She also included a stock card stamp display. She took a few U.S. stamps from her collection and added those. Here are a few pics of her work on that lapbook.
 
I am sorry that I am not able to give credit as to where or which publisher we got the resources from. At the time, I was new to using the internet for homeschool, and I didn't really pay attention, I grabbed whatever I could find all over the internet.
 



2 comments: