Sunday, December 20, 2009

All Chocolate! A Fun Study!

This was pretty neat. My kids were amazed to find out that chocolate comes from seeds, and that at one time, you had to be rich to get it!

This chocolate unit has information and activities about the cacao tree, pods & seeds, where cacao trees grow, pollination, the midge fly, types of chocolate, cocoa beans, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, chocolate history, and cocoa farming today. Also included are word searches, comprehension worksheets, coloring pages, facts cards, game cards, and lapbook folds and flaps for creating a simple lapbook. Here are some pics of the lapbook we created from this unit.

*This is the unedited version of the unit. I have my own children complete each unit that I create before making it available for purchase. This way I am able to add more or change parts where I feel it is needed. Then, after I take some time to fix it up, the unit will be made into a final copy available for purchase on Currclick.













1 comment: