Thursday, April 1, 2010

Looking Back... Math Mini Office

Over the years, I have included tons of lapbooks and other activities into our homeschool. My kids always find them to be so exciting, and I think they will continue to enjoy them in the upcoming years. I am using my "Looking Back" posts to share on this blog some of these older activities that we completed.

In April 2008, I whipped up my first Mini Office. Unfortunately, now, I have no idea where I found all of the resources (back then I was just starting out with internet resources.) But, I know it was from a bunch of different websites. I made it with file folders, glue, and the printed resources. I used packing tape to laminate it, which was difficult, but cheap :-) I decided to make a Math Mini Office, since it was the most needed in my homeschool during that time. I had a few different ages of children that would be using it, so I tried to put a lot of things from various levels. I included the following:

- Shapes Chart
- Right Hand, Left Hand
- Penny, Penny Poem
- 1 through 10 Number and Tally Mark Chart
- Number Words (one through one million :-)
- Small Place Value Chart
- Number Line
- Ordinal Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- 12" Ruler
- Measuring (cups, pints, quarts, 1/2 gallon)
- Count to 100 Chart with Skip Counting
- Math Symbols and Words
- Temperature Chart
- Basic Fractions
- How to Tell Time & Time Words
- Money Chart
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division Charts
- Addition Family Fact Chart
- Multiplication Table

Hopefully I didn't leave anything out :-( I was very happy that it turned out two-sided. It can be set up using the back side or the front. We have used this a lot since then. It has been a great resource, and also a great 'blind' when one of the kids wanted some privacy while doing his or her schoolwork. Here are some pics.

1 comment: