Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Looking Back... Nature Journal

Over the years, I have included tons of lapbooks and other activities into our homeschool. My kids always find them to be so exciting, and I think they will continue to enjoy them in the upcoming years. I am using my "Looking Back" posts to share on this blog some of these older activities that we completed.

In April of 2008, I started a Nature Journal with my son (I think he was about 6 years old at the time.) We used a simple report cover with prongs on the inside. The pages are journal pages I printed from pdf I had on my pc. I had to go back and try to figure out where I got it, so I think it was from a freebie from Notebooking Nook.com offered HERE on Currclick. We basically just went outside and walked around looking for anything interesting to write about. We also took pictures, and did drawings. It was a great start. It gave some individual time and will also help with writing, spelling, vocabulary, art, and science. We will pull this out periodically on the weekends and add to it. Here are a few pics.

1 comment: